Just Giving page for Cambourne man who died after being stabbed has raised thousands of pounds in a few days
- Credit: Archant
A Just Giving page has been set up to raise money for the family of Chris West who died after being stabbed outside a pub in Cambourne on Saturday night.
Mr West, aged 30, from Cambourne, suffered a stab wound to the heart after an incident outside the Monkfield Arms at about 12.35am. A second man was also stabbed and is recovering from his injuries.
The Just Giving page has raised almost £7,000 in a few days and messages of condolence have also been left on the site.
“Chris was taken far too early and will be missed by us all. Please help the family of Chris in this awful time and give what you can, said Dave Beck who set up the page.
In a statement, Mr West’s family said: ““No amount of words would ever describe the loss of such a big and unique personality, whose immeasurable love for his wife, family and friends leaves us all with the most treasured memories.”
A post mortem which was carried out on Monday by Dr Ginni Fitzpatrick-Swallow revealed Mr West died as a result of a stab wound to the heart.
Kai Nazir, 19, of The Crescent, in St Neots, has been charged with murder and grievous bodily harm with intent. He appeared before a judge at Cambridge Crown Court on Tuesday where his case was adjourned for a plea and trial preparation hearing, scheduled to take place on November 28. No application for bail was made and Nazir was remanded in custody.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
A provisional trial date has been set for April 30, next year, subject to plea.
INFO: If you would like to make a donation, go to: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/westy.