Todays 24-hour strike at Hinchingbrooke Hospital involving junior doctors has been called off following last-minute talks between the British Medical Association and the conciliation service, ACAS. It is likely, however, there will still be some disruption as routine operations and other treatments had been cancelled to ensure emergency care could continue as usual. The British Medical Association agreed to suspend the planned walk-out following a last-minute breakthrough in talks. Two more strikes, planned for December 8 and 16 have also been suspended after an agreement between the two sides was reached, Hinchingbrooke Hospital told The Hunts Post yesterday (Monday) that it had drawn up contingency plans to deal with the planned strikes by junior doctors. The Huntingdon hospital issued a reassurance that urgent and emergency services would continue as usual. In a statement the hospital said: Due to increased pressures over this period other patients may wait longer than normal. In all cases priority will be given to people with the most urgent health needs. Hinchingbrookes medical director, Dr Catherine Hubbard, said: We will have to rearrange some planned operations and clinics, but please be reassured that all patients will be cared for appropriately. We will try to phone patients whose appointments or operations need to be rescheduled during the industrial action, but would encourage people to contact us as soon as possible if they have any questions, using the contact number provided in their appointment letters.