Breakfast show star launches Cambridge Gifting Tree
- Credit: Star Radio/The Grafton
A radio DJ has launched The Grafton's 2021 Gifting Tree.
Josh Lovatt, who presents Star Radio's breakfast show alongside Ros Webb, placed the first present inside The Gifting Tree's box on Thursday, November 18 in an effort to give children in need a "magical" Christmas.
This winter marks 15 years since The Grafton in Cambridge started its Gifting Tree project.
Since it began, The Gifting Tree has given "tens of thousands" of gifts to children at Christmas.
Josh said: "There has never been a more important time to support activity like this.
"Every gift donated will really help spread some much-needed festive joy."
To donate, shoppers must grab a tag from the stand inside the shopping centre and buy a suitable present for someone aged under 18.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
The present will be matched with a child facing hardship in the Cambridge area.
The final day for donations is Saturday, December 18.