Josh in the running for Plumber of the Year title
- Credit: Archant
A tradesman from Huntingdonshire has been shortlisted in the UK Plumber of the Year competition.
Josh Colbert, 24, who works for Godmanchester-based AS Colbert Plumbing, has made it through to the final 10 of the competition, which is running for the first time this year.
He said: “I might be only young but my passion for my job allows me to always carry out great work.”
Set up by shower tray manufacturer JT and the UK’s largest shower and tap company Bristan, the competition has attracted thousands of entries.
Paul Crossley, managing director of JT, said: “We were impressed with his passion for the trade at the young age of 24, and we also like that he is taking various courses to improve both his knowledge and craftsmanship.”
Josh will go into the next stage of the competition where he will have to try and get as many votes as possible.
He added: “Making sure my customers are happy and my craftsmanship is perfect is a must for my job. I’m excited to get started in the next part of the competition.”
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 10 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
The five plumbers with the most votes will then attend an interview session with the judging panel to demonstrate their plumbing, service and business skills.
To vote for Josh or to find out more about the competition go to UKplumberoftheyear.com