Josh in the running for Plumber of the Year title
- Credit: Archant
A tradesman from Huntingdonshire has been shortlisted in the UK Plumber of the Year competition.
Josh Colbert, 24, who works for Godmanchester-based AS Colbert Plumbing, has made it through to the final 10 of the competition, which is running for the first time this year.
He said: “I might be only young but my passion for my job allows me to always carry out great work.”
Set up by shower tray manufacturer JT and the UK’s largest shower and tap company Bristan, the competition has attracted thousands of entries.
Paul Crossley, managing director of JT, said: “We were impressed with his passion for the trade at the young age of 24, and we also like that he is taking various courses to improve both his knowledge and craftsmanship.”
You may also want to watch:
Josh will go into the next stage of the competition where he will have to try and get as many votes as possible.
He added: “Making sure my customers are happy and my craftsmanship is perfect is a must for my job. I’m excited to get started in the next part of the competition.”
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
The five plumbers with the most votes will then attend an interview session with the judging panel to demonstrate their plumbing, service and business skills.
To vote for Josh or to find out more about the competition go to UKplumberoftheyear.com