Jordan Shepherd and Ashley White found guilty of murdering Sam Mechelewski
- Credit: Archant
The two men accused of murdering Sam Mechelewski in Hinchingbrooke Country Park have today (Monday) been found guilty.
Jordan Shepherd, 24, of Mayfly Close, Chatteris, and Ashley White, 21, of West End, Brampton, had denied the murder of Mr Mechelewski but both were found guilty by a jury at Cambridge Crown Court following five days of deliberations.
The body of Mr Mechelewski, 20, was found by a member of the public at about 1pm on February 1, 2018, in a wooded area of the country park. A post mortem examination revealed the Huntingdon man died as a result of a stab wound.
The pair had blamed each other for the murder.
White and Shepherd will be sentenced later today.
You may also want to watch:
Ciara Ratcliff, 21, of Sycamore Drive, Huntingdon, was found not guilty of perverting the course of justice in relation to the case on Thursday.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens