Duo deny murder of Huntingdon man Sam Mechelewski
- Credit: Archant
The two men accused of murdering Sam Mechelewski in Hinchingbrooke Country Park have denied the charges against them.
Jordan Shepherd, 23, of Mayfly Close, Chatteris, and Ashley White, 20, of West End, Brampton, pleaded not guilty to Mr Mechelewski’s murder when they appeared at Cambridge Crown Court on July 18.
The body of Mr Mechelewski, 20, from Huntingdon, was found in a wooded area of the country park on February 1.
Shepherd appeared via a video link and spoke only to confirm his name and enter his plea. White appeared in the dock at the crown court and did the same. Both men were remanded in custody.
Ciara Ratcliffe, 21, of Sycamore Drive, Huntingdon, also appeared at the 30-minute hearing and denied perverting the course of justice. Bail conditions were imposed on Ratcliffe to ensure she lives at a specified address.
You may also want to watch:
A trial date has been provisionally set for December 3.
- 1 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?