Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- Credit: PA
England’s deputy chief medical officer’s 79-year-old mother received her Covid-19 vaccination at the Jenner Health Centre in Whittlesey.
Elizabeth Van-Tam, the mother of Professor Jonathan Van Tam, says she was “really happy” to receive the jab at around 11am this morning (January 21).
She said: “I was really happy to get my COVID-19 vaccine. While I’ve had lots of reminders from Jonathan, I needed no encouragement when I received my phone call.
“The jab didn’t hurt at all and the NHS staff were excellent. I would encourage everyone to take up the offer when it comes.”
Prof Van Tam said: “I’m delighted my mum has received her covid vaccination and to know she will have some protection against this deadly virus.
You may also want to watch:
“Like everyone else, it’s important that she also has her second dose when called for this.
“Vaccines are the way out of this pandemic and I urge everyone to take up the offer as soon as they are called forward.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 9 Over 300 runners lace up their boots for virtual event in St Neots
- 10 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
“It is essential that everyone continues to stay at home if possible whether they have had the vaccine or not to protect the NHS and save lives.”