Join motorcylists for Ride to Work Day on Monday
- Credit: Archant
Police are encouraging people to take part in this year’s Ride to Work Day which promotes the benefits of motorcycling.
The Cambridgeshire Police BikeSafe team is taking part in the event on Monday, June 15 between the Lazy Dayz Café on the A603 through to Shire Hall in Cambridge. The cafe opens early for breakfast prior to the riders leaving for a fully escorted ride through the heart of Cambridge City Centre finishing at Shire Hall. Riders will be collecting for the Road Victims Trust along the route.
PC Simon Burgin said: “This fully-escorted ride is aimed at promoting motorcycling as a fun alternative to the car. Motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable road users and for them road safety is vital.
“It is important to encourage motorcyclists to sign up to BikeSafe to help increase their ability and confidence, so they can get even more enjoyment from riding. We hope motorcyclists will get on their bikes and join us at the Lazy Dayz Cafe from 7am - the ride leaves at 8am.”
BikeSafe workshops provide detailed briefings on hazard awareness and how to make your motorcycling safer. For more details regarding the BikeSafe workshops visit www.bikesafe.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
The Ride to Work Day is being run in partnership with Cambridge and Peterborough Road Safety Partnership and is supported nationally by the Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA), Get On – Life’s better on two wheels and Think Department for Transport.
Between 70-100 riders are expected to attend the event, including the odd celebrity too, and a Ducati Panigale, ridden by Simon, will be on display during the ride.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
INFORMATION: For more details about the ride, and other rides across the UK, visit www.ridetoworkweek.co.uk.