Jobs created as retailer confirms plan for new convenience store
- Credit: Archant
The Co-op has revealed plans to open a new convenience store in Cambourne, creating 15 new jobs in the area.
The proposed store, which represents an investment of more than £600,000, is set to open on the site fronting Mosquito Road, close to The Vine Inter-Church Primary School in the spring of 2018.
The Co-op says its new 2,000 sq ft sales store will have an in-store bakery, locally sourced products, and a focus on fresh, healthy foods, meal ideas and essentials.
Paresh Pancholi, regional acquisitions manager for the Co-op, said: “We’re looking forward to opening a new store in Cambourne. We’re delighted to have the opportunity to provide shoppers with our wide range of award-winning food, in a store designed to be easy to use for everyone.
“The new store will also bring a funding boost for community groups through the Co-op’s recently launched membership scheme. Members receive a five per cent reward on purchases of own-branded products and services, with a further one per cent going directly to local causes to make a difference in the community.”
Students in the area who hold a NUS extra card can enjoy a 10 per cent discount off their groceries at the store.
Tony Hind, head of new store development, added: “We’re committed to finding great locations for our new stores, we know people want to be able to buy high quality food near to where they live and work. in handy-sized shops that are open at convenient times.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
“We opened 100 new stores last year and will open another 100 again this year and are always on the lookout for new sites where we can be at the heart of local life.”