Jailed rapist has sentence extended following new attack in HMP Littlehey
- Credit: Archant
A convicted rapist has had 32 months added to his sentence after trapping and attacking a female prison guard in his cell.
Liam McCarthy, 28, was serving a 17-year sentence at HMP Littlehey, Perry, at the time of the attack.
The court heard how the guard entered McCarthy’s cell to complete a routine inspection before he grabbed her throat and choked her.
Before other guards could intervene, McCarthy barricaded the door shut with a wardrobe and other items.
Shortly afterwards, guards managed to force their way into the cell to find McCarthy shirtless on top of the victim.
She was not seriously injured but was extremely shaken and upset.
He pleaded guilty today to false imprisonment and causing actual bodily harm at Peterborough Crown Court.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Detective Constable Tom Nuttall said: “This vicious attack could have continued had the victim’s colleagues not intervened.
“Today’s result means that this violent individual will not be free to harm the public for a long time.”