Jailed rapist has sentence extended following new attack in HMP Littlehey
- Credit: Archant
A convicted rapist has had 32 months added to his sentence after trapping and attacking a female prison guard in his cell.
Liam McCarthy, 28, was serving a 17-year sentence at HMP Littlehey, Perry, at the time of the attack.
The court heard how the guard entered McCarthy’s cell to complete a routine inspection before he grabbed her throat and choked her.
Before other guards could intervene, McCarthy barricaded the door shut with a wardrobe and other items.
Shortly afterwards, guards managed to force their way into the cell to find McCarthy shirtless on top of the victim.
You may also want to watch:
She was not seriously injured but was extremely shaken and upset.
He pleaded guilty today to false imprisonment and causing actual bodily harm at Peterborough Crown Court.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Detective Constable Tom Nuttall said: “This vicious attack could have continued had the victim’s colleagues not intervened.
“Today’s result means that this violent individual will not be free to harm the public for a long time.”