St Ives’ drug dealer caught hiding under car is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who tried to evade officers by hiding under a car in St Ives has been jailed for more than two years.
Mohammed Ali, 22, also known as Azaan, was walking along Renoir Close, St Ives, on June 21, last year when he saw police on patrol and began running towards Victor Close.
Ali was pursued by officers as he climbed a garden fence and made his way towards Stirling Way, where he was found trying to hide under a car.
During the chase, he threw a black bag onto a nearby garage roof.
Inside the bag officers found 82 wraps of heroin and 48 wraps of crack cocaine, worth an estimated £1,300.
On October 28, at Cambridge Crown Court, Ali, of Little Farthing Close, St Ives, was jailed for 30 months after pleading guilty to two counts of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply at an earlier hearing.
DC Emma Melton, who investigated, said: “Ali is well known to us, but immediately drew attention to himself the minute he began running away.
- 1 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 2 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 4 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 5 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: 100-person laser tag tournament in woods near Huntingdon
- 10 Meet the volunteers making a difference for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
“He tried his best to evade capture and ditch his drugs, but unfortunately for him he was quickly found and caught out.”
If you suspect drug dealing in your area? Report it online at Cambridgeshire police.