St Ives’ drug dealer caught hiding under car is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who tried to evade officers by hiding under a car in St Ives has been jailed for more than two years.
Mohammed Ali, 22, also known as Azaan, was walking along Renoir Close, St Ives, on June 21, last year when he saw police on patrol and began running towards Victor Close.
Ali was pursued by officers as he climbed a garden fence and made his way towards Stirling Way, where he was found trying to hide under a car.
During the chase, he threw a black bag onto a nearby garage roof.
Inside the bag officers found 82 wraps of heroin and 48 wraps of crack cocaine, worth an estimated £1,300.
You may also want to watch:
On October 28, at Cambridge Crown Court, Ali, of Little Farthing Close, St Ives, was jailed for 30 months after pleading guilty to two counts of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply at an earlier hearing.
DC Emma Melton, who investigated, said: “Ali is well known to us, but immediately drew attention to himself the minute he began running away.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
“He tried his best to evade capture and ditch his drugs, but unfortunately for him he was quickly found and caught out.”
If you suspect drug dealing in your area? Report it online at Cambridgeshire police.