St Ives’ drug dealer caught hiding under car is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who tried to evade officers by hiding under a car in St Ives has been jailed for more than two years.
Mohammed Ali, 22, also known as Azaan, was walking along Renoir Close, St Ives, on June 21, last year when he saw police on patrol and began running towards Victor Close.
Ali was pursued by officers as he climbed a garden fence and made his way towards Stirling Way, where he was found trying to hide under a car.
During the chase, he threw a black bag onto a nearby garage roof.
Inside the bag officers found 82 wraps of heroin and 48 wraps of crack cocaine, worth an estimated £1,300.
You may also want to watch:
On October 28, at Cambridge Crown Court, Ali, of Little Farthing Close, St Ives, was jailed for 30 months after pleading guilty to two counts of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply at an earlier hearing.
DC Emma Melton, who investigated, said: “Ali is well known to us, but immediately drew attention to himself the minute he began running away.
- 1 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 2 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 3 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 4 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Event to remember village's war hero
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 9 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 10 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
“He tried his best to evade capture and ditch his drugs, but unfortunately for him he was quickly found and caught out.”
If you suspect drug dealing in your area? Report it online at Cambridgeshire police.