Man jailed for growing cannabis in Hail Weston following tip off to police
- Credit: Archant
A man has begun a 16-month jail sentence for growing cannabis.
Police were notified of a possible cannabis factory in Kimbolton Road, Hail Weston, on June 16 by a group of volunteers who act as the force’s eyes and ears and report suspicious activity.
Officers from the St Neots Neighbourhood Team acted on the intelligence and discovered 249 cannabis plants growing with a potential street value of up to £209,160.
Nerijus Turskis, 29, of Kimbolton Road, Hail Weston appeared at Cambridge Crown Court on August 12 and was sentenced to 16 months in prison after previously pleading guilty to producing cannabis.
PC Alan Armstrong said: “This is great example of the police and public working together. We can’t be everywhere and we rely on people in our communities being our eyes and ears. If you suspect something isn’t right, it more than likely isn’t.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the information received we were able to prevent these drugs from making it to the streets and put Turskis before the courts.”
- 1 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 10 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died