Jail for Huntingdon man who attacked his partner and her two year old daughter
- Credit: Archant
A man who attacked his partner and her two-year-old daughter has been jailed.
Brett Wooding, 33, pushed, punched and bit the victim at her home on 2 February because she wouldn't give him any money to go out.
He became frustrated and grabbed her face as her two-year-old daughter watched on crying. He then grabbed the child by her arms and threw her out of the way.
The victim tried to call police, but Wooding snatched the phone. He then punched her in the face, bit her and put his hands around her neck.
An upstairs neighbour came to help when they heard the victim scream and police were called.
You may also want to watch:
Wooding, of Hartford Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to actual bodily harm and assault by beating at Peterborough Crown Court on Tuesday (3 March) and was jailed for seven months.
DC Neil Patrick, who investigated, said: "Wooding launched a tirade of violence on this poor mum while her young daughter could only watch on, all because he couldn't get what he wanted.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
"I am glad justice has been done today and Wooding is behind bars where he belongs."