Jail for Huntingdon man who attacked his partner and her two year old daughter
- Credit: Archant
A man who attacked his partner and her two-year-old daughter has been jailed.
Brett Wooding, 33, pushed, punched and bit the victim at her home on 2 February because she wouldn't give him any money to go out.
He became frustrated and grabbed her face as her two-year-old daughter watched on crying. He then grabbed the child by her arms and threw her out of the way.
The victim tried to call police, but Wooding snatched the phone. He then punched her in the face, bit her and put his hands around her neck.
An upstairs neighbour came to help when they heard the victim scream and police were called.
Wooding, of Hartford Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to actual bodily harm and assault by beating at Peterborough Crown Court on Tuesday (3 March) and was jailed for seven months.
DC Neil Patrick, who investigated, said: "Wooding launched a tirade of violence on this poor mum while her young daughter could only watch on, all because he couldn't get what he wanted.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 6 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 7 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 8 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
"I am glad justice has been done today and Wooding is behind bars where he belongs."