Jail for man who assaulted teenage girl
- Credit: Archant
A man who assaulted a teenage girl has been jailed for 20 weeks.
Fezhan Bahadur, 20, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to two counts of assault by beating and was sentenced at Huntingdon Magistrates' Court on November 26.
On November 6, Bahadur assaulted the 16-year-old girl, he met on Instagram, over the head in High Street, Warboys.
He also threatened to burn down the pub with the owner inside it.
A few days later on November 10 in Upwood after an argument over a text message the girl had received, he began to strangle her and put his hand over her mouth before hitting her face and pulling out her earring.
You may also want to watch:
As well as a prison sentence, Bahadur has been given a restraining order which lasts until November 25, 2020 and prevents him from going to the White Hart pub.
Sergeant Michael Basford said: "Tackling domestic abuse is a priority for the force and we are committed to safeguarding victims and putting perpetrators before the courts.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
"We hope this sentence will give Bahadur the opportunity to reflect on his actions."
If you have concerns that you or someone you know is a victim of domestic abuse, call police on: 101 or report online: www.cambs.police.uk/report.