Jail for Godmanchester man, 71, who admitted multiple counts of rape
- Credit: Archant
A Godmanchester man who raped and sexually abused a girl over a period of more than 10 years has been jailed.
Christopher Tucker, 71, of Bascraft Way, pleaded guilty to multiple counts of rape over a 13-year period between 2003 and 2016.
Tucker’s victim disclosed the abuse to police in October 2016 and Tucker was arrested.
Yesterday, (Monday) at Peterborough Crown Court, he was sentenced to 10 years in prison, put on the Sex Offenders Register for life and given a sexual harm prevention order indefinitely, preventing him from having any unsupervised contact with children under the age of 18.
He was also issued a restraining order preventing him contacting the victim.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Julie Ellison said: “It took a great deal of courage for the victim to come forward after such a long period of abuse which had deeply affected her. I hope this sentence is able to give her some form of closure.
“I would like to encourage others to report abuse, whether historical or current, to the police.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Anyone who has suffered abuse as a child is encouraged to contact police by calling 101. Further information about the help and support available for victims of rape and sexual assault, is available online at www.cambs.police.uk/information-and-services/Serious-sexual-offences-and-rape/Rape-and-serious-sexual-assault.aspx.