Jail for Godmanchester man, 71, who admitted multiple counts of rape
- Credit: Archant
A Godmanchester man who raped and sexually abused a girl over a period of more than 10 years has been jailed.
Christopher Tucker, 71, of Bascraft Way, pleaded guilty to multiple counts of rape over a 13-year period between 2003 and 2016.
Tucker’s victim disclosed the abuse to police in October 2016 and Tucker was arrested.
Yesterday, (Monday) at Peterborough Crown Court, he was sentenced to 10 years in prison, put on the Sex Offenders Register for life and given a sexual harm prevention order indefinitely, preventing him from having any unsupervised contact with children under the age of 18.
He was also issued a restraining order preventing him contacting the victim.
Detective Constable Julie Ellison said: “It took a great deal of courage for the victim to come forward after such a long period of abuse which had deeply affected her. I hope this sentence is able to give her some form of closure.
“I would like to encourage others to report abuse, whether historical or current, to the police.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Anyone who has suffered abuse as a child is encouraged to contact police by calling 101. Further information about the help and support available for victims of rape and sexual assault, is available online at www.cambs.police.uk/information-and-services/Serious-sexual-offences-and-rape/Rape-and-serious-sexual-assault.aspx.