Jail for drug dealer after officer sniffs out cannabis
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer has been jailed for more than two years after a police officer on routine patrol sniffed out his cannabis.
Vilson Gjajxha of no fixed abode was jailed for two years and four months at Cambridge Crown Court last Wednesday (August 7) after previously pleading guilty to possession of cannabis and possession with intent to supply cocaine.
The 27-year-old was sat in his silver Ford Focus at Swavesey Park and Ride in Over Road on June 6 when PC Dean Caldbeck smelt the cannabis.
Gjajxha and his vehicle were searched and officers discovered 28 individual bags of cocaine as well as a single bag, cannabis, £880 and three mobile phones, one of which rang throughout the search.
DC Tom Adams said: "We're working hard to tackle the issue of drug use and dealing across the county. This sentence reflects how seriously dealing drugs is taken by the courts."
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are urged to report suspected drug usage or distribution online www.cambs.police.uk/report or via 101.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer