Man jailed after drugs were seized following St Ives raid
- Credit: Archant
A man who was found with more than £600 stashed in a shoe and crack cocaine following a raid in St Ives has been jailed.
Jacob Carr, 20, was at a property in Clark Drive, St Ives, when officers raided it following information from the public about drug dealing.
Officers found the cash hidden in a trainer and Carr with a small amount of cannabis. He was arrested and when searched at Parkside Police Station, 32 packages of crack cocaine were discovered.
Carr, of no known address, admitted possession of crack cocaine with intent to supply and possession of cannabis.
On Wednesday at Peterborough Crown Court he was sentenced to a year and eight months in a young offender institution.
You may also want to watch:
PC Matt Smith said: “Receiving information from the public is vital for us to be able to combat drug dealing in the county.
“Drugs cause devastation to people’s lives. We’re working hard to tackle drug supply and put dealers before the courts.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Information about drug dealing can be reported via www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.