It straw was good fun at village festival!
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 straw creations took up residency in Little Paxton this month for the Scarecrow Festival, with the top three announced at the main event on May 14.
The day, held in the village hall and on the field, saw ‘Saturday Night Hayfever’ – a scarecrow modelled on Elvis Presley – take third place, while ‘Princess Lucy and Her Frog’ came second.
It was ‘Oz’ which took first place though, with two scarecrows – Dorothy and her brainless companion – judged to be the best by TL Cobbolds.
The festival has been running since 2008, organised by the Little Paxton Scarecrow Committee.
Veronica Williams, chair of the group, said: “We had 30 tables in the village hall for a craft fair then 25 on the field. It was quite a successful day.”
You may also want to watch:
Stalls included jewellery, photographic prints, candles and chocolates, with a roundabout and bungee trampoline to keep children entertained.
The day also saw a disco and food stalls, including a beer tent, paella and waffles.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'