Jamie Oliver and Uriah Heep’s Bernie Shaw send recipes for isolation cook book
- Credit: Archant
The new book will raise money to provide palliatiive care for Covid-19 patients at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Three friends who cooked up a plan to publish lockdown recipes managed to persuade Jamie Oliver to make a contribution to their new book.
Heidi Dorrington, Zayheda Khan and Lorraine Ward have already sold 200 copies of Stukeley Chefs in Isolation, which is aimed at raising money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
They asked friends and family to send recipes to a social media page and now hope to be able to support to the palliative care of COVID-19 patients, and their families at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Heidi said: “We’ve had an outstanding response from the local community and we are fortunate enough to have a recipe submitted from Jamie Oliver and another from the lead singer, Bernie Shaw of the British rock group Uriah Heep.
You may also want to watch:
“We were put in contact with Jamie’s team by a member of staff from North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust - Mel Coloma, which has really helped to increase sales and the number of recipes submitted, we are very grateful for Mel’s help with this.”
Caroline Walker, CEO at the North West Anglia Trust, which runs Hinchingbrooke Hospital, added: “We are incredibly grateful for the thought and consideration that has gone into this project. It is a lovely idea and we are so pleased that so many people have got involved. The money raised has been set aside for palliative care patients and relatives affected by COVID-19.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
INFO: If you would like to pre-order a cook book, you can by emailing email@example.com.