Is Huntingdon the king of Valentine’s Day and romance?
- Credit: Scott Maxwell - Fotolia
Forget Paris, Rome and Venice – Huntingdon is the new capital of romance...
Ok, that may be a slight exaggeration but Huntingdon, according to Amazon.co.uk, is a town of romantics as the avid readers here buy more of the bestselling romance books per capita than anywhere else in the country.
Huntingdon – which has topped Amazon’s best read towns and cities list for the past three years – it seems has a passion for passion.
According to Amazon this makes the town more romantic than the likes of Doncaster, Chorley and Warrington – all included in its top 10.
Or, if you were more cynical, you could suggest that Huntingdon has more of a need to find its romance in fiction ... but surely not!
You may also want to watch:
Town Mayor Bill Hensley believes its the former – Huntingdon is a romantic place.
“It’s just another string to our town,” he said. “And it’s another thing that makes me proud to be mayor of Huntingdon. There’s so much going on here with the redevelopment of Chequers Court, a low number of empty shops and a resilient high street.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
Amazon says its list is compiled using sales of romance novels in both print and Kindle format in 2013, on a per capita basis in towns and cities with more than 20,000 residents.
What’s your suggested title for a romantic book set in Huntingdon? Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org