Is Huntingdon the king of Valentine’s Day and romance?
- Credit: Scott Maxwell - Fotolia
Forget Paris, Rome and Venice – Huntingdon is the new capital of romance...
Ok, that may be a slight exaggeration but Huntingdon, according to Amazon.co.uk, is a town of romantics as the avid readers here buy more of the bestselling romance books per capita than anywhere else in the country.
Huntingdon – which has topped Amazon’s best read towns and cities list for the past three years – it seems has a passion for passion.
According to Amazon this makes the town more romantic than the likes of Doncaster, Chorley and Warrington – all included in its top 10.
Or, if you were more cynical, you could suggest that Huntingdon has more of a need to find its romance in fiction ... but surely not!
Town Mayor Bill Hensley believes its the former – Huntingdon is a romantic place.
“It’s just another string to our town,” he said. “And it’s another thing that makes me proud to be mayor of Huntingdon. There’s so much going on here with the redevelopment of Chequers Court, a low number of empty shops and a resilient high street.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Amazon says its list is compiled using sales of romance novels in both print and Kindle format in 2013, on a per capita basis in towns and cities with more than 20,000 residents.
What’s your suggested title for a romantic book set in Huntingdon? Send your suggestions to email@example.com