Investigations launched after series of burglaries in Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
Cash and jewellery were taken in a burglary at a house in Somersham.
The incident took place last Thursday (December 15), in Hammond Way, with burglars smashing a patio door to gain access to the property.
The raid took place sometime between 4-6.45pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “In this offence, offenders have smashed a rear patio door and have then turned a key on the inside of the door to open.
“An untidy search of the property has occurred and cash and jewellery have been taken. Residents are reminded that it is very important to remove keys from the inside of doors and windows as this can mean entry can be gained to houses more easily.”
You may also want to watch:
On the same evening, there were also reports of burglaries in nearby St Ives, with a house in Russett Close targeted between 4-7pm, and a property in Cedar Road hit between 3.30-6pm. Jewellery was taken in the raids.
Police are not linking the three incidents at this stage but are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
Anyone who believes that they saw or heard any suspicious vehicles or people is asked to call Huntindonshire burglary team on 101, e-mail email@example.com or alternatively call Crimestopppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.