Investigation launched into assault on 12-year-old girl
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old girl was assaulted as she walked home from school yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
The girl was walking home through the Oxmoor estate towards Hartford when a man is reported to have grabbed her.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We are investigating reports that a man assaulted a girl in Mayfield Road, Huntingdon, between 3.15 and 3.40pm yesterday.
“The man is described as white, approximately 6’ with short brown hair. He was wearing glasses, grey tracksuit bottoms and a grey jacket.”
Today a warning message to parents about the incident was sent out by Hartford Junior School, on its Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
It said: “The children are being reminded in assembly today about being safe outside of school and how to deal with an approach by strangers.
“The girl was not a pupil at the school, but her parent informed us about the incident this morning.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“The police have been informed and we will update you when we hear anymore.”
Anyone with information about the assault or the man should contact police on 101 quoting incident CF0288120517, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.