Investigation launched into assault on 12-year-old girl
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old girl was assaulted as she walked home from school yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
The girl was walking home through the Oxmoor estate towards Hartford when a man is reported to have grabbed her.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We are investigating reports that a man assaulted a girl in Mayfield Road, Huntingdon, between 3.15 and 3.40pm yesterday.
“The man is described as white, approximately 6’ with short brown hair. He was wearing glasses, grey tracksuit bottoms and a grey jacket.”
Today a warning message to parents about the incident was sent out by Hartford Junior School, on its Facebook page.
It said: “The children are being reminded in assembly today about being safe outside of school and how to deal with an approach by strangers.
“The girl was not a pupil at the school, but her parent informed us about the incident this morning.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
“The police have been informed and we will update you when we hear anymore.”
Anyone with information about the assault or the man should contact police on 101 quoting incident CF0288120517, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.