Investigation launched following spate of arson attacks at RAF Upwood
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service were called after arsonists torched the former RAF Upwood building last night, for the forth time this month.
Crews arrived at around 6.20pm, from Chatteris and Huntingdon after a fire was reported at the site. .
Firefighters arrived to find an area of rubbish well alight. Using one hose reel firefighters extinguished the fire, before returning to their stations by 8.15pm.
This follows a previous attack on Thursday, where firefighers arrived to find smoke issuing from the site.
The fire service have also reported deliberate attacks on the site on Wednesday, and April 9.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire’s were all deemed as deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight