Investigation launched after teenager is struck in the face with glass bottle
- Credit: Archant
An investigation has been launched following an assault on a teenager in Hilton on Saturday.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the 17-year-old was struck in the face with a glass bottle at about 12.30am while at The Green.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, where he underwent surgery to his face and required more than 100 stitches.
Detective Constable Eliot Ducket said: “This was a particularly nasty assault which has left the victim with serious injuries.
“There were a lot of people in Hilton at the time of the incident so I would ask anyone who saw this assault take place to call police today.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. Alternatively visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder