Investigation launched after reports that a woman was raped at Secret Garden Party
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after reports that a woman was raped at the Secret Garden Party music festival.
Cambridgeshire police said the incident took place in the early hours of Friday morning (July 24) in “one of the tented areas of the site”.
A spokesman said the victim was from outside Cambridgeshire and added that there was “no description of the suspect at this time”.
The event, held in Abbots Ripton, attracted thousands of revellers from across the country to enjoy three days of music from acts including The Cat Empire, Palma Violets, Roots Manuva, and Public Service Broadcasting.
A statement released by the organisers of the festival said: “A woman has alleged that she was raped in the early hours of Friday, July 24, in one of the tented areas of the Secret Garden Party site.
You may also want to watch:
“Police have appealed for any witnesses who might have seen or heard anything suspicious in the early hours of Friday morning to contact a police officer on-site, visit the welfare tent, call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
“The Secret Garden Party team are working closely with the police to assist them with their investigation.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire police on 101.