Investigation launched after plane crash at Conington Airfield
- Credit: Archant
A crash at Conington Airfield has left one person with a suspected broken leg.
Cambridgeshire police were also called to the scene and confirmed that one person has suffered severe injuries as a result of the incident.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “A rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew, ambulance officer and Magpas air ambulance were dispatched to the scene.
“They treated one patient – a man in his 40s - who had suffered a suspected broken leg.
“He was taken by land ambulance to Peterborough City Hospital for further treatment. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.”
The Air Accident Investigation Branch has been made aware of the incident.
A spokesman for the branch said: “The AAIB has deployed a team to investigate an accident involving a light aircraft at Conington Airfield.”
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 8 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
Officials at Conington Airfield have yet to make a comment.