Investigation launched after plane crash at Conington Airfield
- Credit: Archant
A crash at Conington Airfield has left one person with a suspected broken leg.
Cambridgeshire police were also called to the scene and confirmed that one person has suffered severe injuries as a result of the incident.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “A rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew, ambulance officer and Magpas air ambulance were dispatched to the scene.
“They treated one patient – a man in his 40s - who had suffered a suspected broken leg.
“He was taken by land ambulance to Peterborough City Hospital for further treatment. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.”
You may also want to watch:
The Air Accident Investigation Branch has been made aware of the incident.
A spokesman for the branch said: “The AAIB has deployed a team to investigate an accident involving a light aircraft at Conington Airfield.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Officials at Conington Airfield have yet to make a comment.