Investigation launched after armed robbery at St Ives store
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an appeal for information after reports of an armed robbery at a store in St Ives.
The incident took place at the Spar, in Kings Hedges, on Tuesday (November 29) at about 10.50pm.
Two men entered the shop armed with a knife and crow bar. They demanded money before using the crow bar to force open the tills.
They made off on foot with approximately £200 turning right up Ramsey Road.
The men are both white and between 5’9” and 5’10”. One is of slim build wearing a grey hooded top, grey jogging bottoms and white trainers. The other is of a slightly bigger build wearing a grey hooded top, dark jeans and black trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Dan Cooper said: “There were two members of staff and two customers in the store at the time of the incident. Thankfully none of them were harmed but that doesn’t take away from the severity of the incident.
“I’d like to appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen these men to come forward.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.