Introducing our green family…
ANGUS Murdoch, 38, and his wife Julie Spennewyn, 42, will be among the first residents in Warboys to have a monitor fitted in their home on Second Avenue We try to live a green lifestyle anyway and we believe in renewables and the first thing you can do
ANGUS Murdoch, 38, and his wife Julie Spennewyn, 42, will be among the first residents in Warboys to have a monitor fitted in their home on Second Avenue
"We try to live a green lifestyle anyway and we believe in renewables and the first thing you can do is insulate, insulate, insulate," said Mr Murdoch.
Our family will be will be keeping a diary of their findings, including which appliances within their home used the most electricity and how easy they found using the monitor.
Their progress will be reported on the Green Page over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Murdoch says his family has already taken steps to curb its electricity usage: "We remember to turn everything off but I still like the idea that we will be able to monitor our usage more carefully.
"We monitor water and energy as much as is humanly possible. Solar heated water is our next aim as we live in a 1970s house that is very inefficient."
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
One innovative way the family have found to cut their consumption is by having a "Bye Bye switch" in their four-year-old daughter's room. Izzy presses the switch when she leaves for school and her television, freeview box, games console and other electronic appliances are all turned off for the day.