Intrepid fundraisers carry a bed up Mount Snowdon
- Credit: Archant
A team of friends and colleagues took on a challenge that put a real spring in their steps.
Staff from Steinhoff UK Beds, based in Windover Road, Huntingdon, completed a climb of Mount Snowdon carrying a single bed for the whole ascent and descent.
Team leader Sue Cornhill said: “It was really hard work as none of us had really trained for it but it was a great thing to do.”
The group of eight decided to take on the challenge in aid of the Woodlands Centre after friend, Val Abram, was treated for breast cancer at the centre in Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
“We like to do something every year to raise money for charity so when someone mentioned carrying a bed up Snowdon we all thought why not,” added Mrs Cornhill.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that once all donations and sponsorship has been collected that the team will have raised £1,200.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house