Intrepid cyclists are set for cross-border challenge
- Credit: Archant
Employees from St Ives-based Linx Printing Technologies will be demonstrating their endurance skills in the coming weeks in aid of a number of charities.
Two Linx staff – Maria Wright and Ian Holmes - are limbering up for this year’s London Marathon on April 24, where they will be running in aid of two children’s charities, Get Kids Going and NSPCC respectively.
And as if 26 miles wasn’t long enough, an intrepid team of cyclists from the company is planning to ride from its headquarters in Stocks Bridge Way to the Linx office in Evry, France, a distance of some 260 miles, to raise funds for East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The team, comprising Chris Dove, Jason Rothwell, John Tierney, Malgorzata Gorecka-Kozubal, Padraig Finn, Paul Gregory, Slawomir Kozubal, Tom Waughman, Wayne Gimblett and Mark Spedding, with Luke Fairhead in the support vehicle, will be setting off on May 27 and expect to arrive saddle-sore and weary at Linx Evry on Monday at around 1pm. While some members are experienced cyclists, others have bought their first bike specifically for the event.
“It promises to be a challenging but fun ride,” says organiser Chris Dove, “and we will be pulling together to make sure we all make it to the finish line!”
You may also want to watch:
The group has set up a web page at https://linxcyclechallenge.wordpress.com to chronicle its preparations and adventures en route.
The two events are part of Linx’s 2016 charitable activities, in which the company will be supporting a number of different charities which are close to the hearts of its employees.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'