Inspectors praise nursery staff in ‘outstanding’ report
- Credit: Archant
A nursery in Brampton has been praised for its outstanding teaching and leadership.
Ofsted inspectors described staff at The Barn Day Nursery, in Thrapston Road, as “highly passionate” and said that the progress of children was “meticulously monitored”.
The nursery was rated as ‘outstanding’ in all areas of inspector by Ofsted’s Peter Towner.
In his report, Mr Towner said: “Staff are sensitively deployed and use their expertise and skills to provide the best learning opportunities for all children in their care. This results in children making excellent progress from their starting points.
“Managers have a strong commitment to maintaining excellence in all areas and recognise the importance of continual evaluation.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Towner praised the behaviour and safety of children and also singled out the quality of teaching.
He added: “Staff employ excellent teaching techniques as they play alongside children. They reinforce children’s understanding of colours, shapes and concepts as they investigate. Staff expertly promote their speech and language development.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
In order to continue to improve, Mr Towner said managers should continue to focus on ways to develop staff skills.