Inspector’s praise for ‘outstanding’ GP surgery
- Credit: Archant
A GP practice in Buckden has been rated as “outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Inspectors from the independent regulator visited Buckden found the practice was providing a safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led service that met the needs of the local population.
The report highlighted a number of areas of outstanding practice, including service improvements in response to patient feedback; the launch of a patient-led transport scheme; the publication of a practice newsletter; educational events for patients, including a Dementia Day, and some innovative new services.
Janet Williamson, deputy chief inspector of general practice and dentistry in the CQC’s central region, said: “It is clear Buckden Surgery is providing an effective, responsive and well led service which is a real asset to people living in this part of Cambridgeshire.
“The practice worked closely with other organisations and with the local community in planning how services were provided to ensure that they meet patients’ needs.
You may also want to watch:
“Patients said they found it easy to make an appointment with a named GP and there was continuity of care, with urgent appointments available the same day.
“High standards were promoted and owned by all practice staff and teams worked together across all roles.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
“All of this hard work pays off in making a real difference to patients – which is why we have found this practice to be Outstanding.”
INFO: To read the full report, go to: www.cqc.org.uk.