Inquest into deaths of St Neots brother and sister opened today
- Credit: ARCHANT
An inquest has opened today (February 25) into the deaths of two children who died in a house fire in St Neots last December.
Sienna Jenkins, aged seven, and her brother Isaac, aged three, died on December 10, 2020, at their home in Buttercup Avenue, Eynesbury.
David Heming, Senior Coroner for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough confirmed a post mortem examination had shown the children died of 1a smoke inhalation, 1b house fire.
There will be a pre inquest review hearing at 10am, on May 5 at Lawrence Court, in Huntingdon, for both children.
Mr Heming said: “A very detailed fire investigation was carried out by the fire services.
“This is a very tragic event and loss of life and I offer my sincerest condolences and sympathy to the family of the deceased.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?