Inquest opened into death of motorist whose car crashed into a tree
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened into the death of an 87-year-old man, after his car left the road and crashed into a tree in Old Weston.
Thomas Richard Beeby, of Brington Road, Old Weston, was travelling northbound on the B660 in a red Suzuki Grand Vitara when he continued through the T-junction with Brington Road.
The single vehicle accident, which took place on November 10, was reported to police at 6.50pm.
A post mortem has since concluded Mr Beeby died of multiple traumatic injuries.
The inquest was opened at Lawrence Court in Huntingdon on November 16, and has been adjourned until May 11 next year.
You may also want to watch:
David Heming, senior coroner for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, said: “I express my condolences and sympathy to the family of the deceased.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity