Inquest opened into bee sting holidaymaker from Ramsey
A MAN who was attacked by a swarm of bees while on holiday in Africa died from anaphylactic shock, a post mortem has confirmed.
Michael Bryan, 61 of Mereside Drove, Ramsey, was killed while on holiday with his wife Jacqueline in the Morogoro region of Tanzania on January 19.
An inquest into his death was opened and adjourned by South and West Cambridgeshire coroner David Morris on Friday, February 3. Cause of death has been given as anaphylactic shock caused by a massive bee sting.
Anaphylactic shock can be triggered by allergies and the venom in insect bites and can lead to a cardiac arrest.