Multiple injuries following two-car crash in Somersham
- Credit: Archant
Five people were hospitalised following a collision between two cars in Somersham.
Police and fire service crews were called to the junction between St Ives Road and Pidley Road at about 8pm on December 15 following reports of a “serious collision”.
The collision involved a silver Ford Mondeo and a white Volkswagen Golf.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews from St Ives and Huntingdon attended the incident, adding: “Crews arrived to find a collision involving two vehicles, with one vehicle in a ditch. Firefighters released two casualties. In total, five casualties were taken to hospital by ambulance.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said some people had suffered “serious injuries” in the incident and added that the road had been “closed for a time” while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “A passenger in the white Golf, a 13-year-old girl, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. Three people, who were travelling in the Mondeo, also suffered serious injuries and were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.”
Firefighters returned to their station by 10.40pm.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
Anyone with information about the incident can contact police on 101.