Multiple injuries following two-car crash in Somersham
- Credit: Archant
Five people were hospitalised following a collision between two cars in Somersham.
Police and fire service crews were called to the junction between St Ives Road and Pidley Road at about 8pm on December 15 following reports of a “serious collision”.
The collision involved a silver Ford Mondeo and a white Volkswagen Golf.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews from St Ives and Huntingdon attended the incident, adding: “Crews arrived to find a collision involving two vehicles, with one vehicle in a ditch. Firefighters released two casualties. In total, five casualties were taken to hospital by ambulance.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said some people had suffered “serious injuries” in the incident and added that the road had been “closed for a time” while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “A passenger in the white Golf, a 13-year-old girl, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. Three people, who were travelling in the Mondeo, also suffered serious injuries and were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.”
Firefighters returned to their station by 10.40pm.
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge
Anyone with information about the incident can contact police on 101.