Injured man found crawling in St Ives road may have been hit and run victim
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after he was found crawling in the road in St Ives having apparently been run over more than two hours earlier.
The man, who is believed to be in his 40s, suffered head and hip injuries and was treated at the scene by an ambulance crew before being taken to hospital for further care.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the incident to come forward.
Members of the public called an ambulance after finding the man crawling in Burgess Walk just after 6.30pm on May 5.
Police said the man told officers he had been struck by a car on a pedestrian crossing in North Road at about 4.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
They are looking for a silver Renault Clio containing two men which headed off towards St Ives town centre.
Police urged anyone with information about the incident to contact them on 101, quoting crime reference 0362, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k