Industrial bins torched in arson attack
- Credit: Archant
A pair of bins filled with industrial waste were set alight by arsonists in St Neots in the early hours of yesterday morning (Monday).
Firefighters from Papworth and St Neots were called to a shop in Dramsell Riseshortly before 3am following reports that two bins were ablaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire spread to a fence and caused damage to the back of the shop.
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their stations by 4.16am.”
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed