In the beginning
Learn a little bit more about Riverside Runners
RIVERSIDE Runners was born at a meeting between a small group of running enthusiasts at The Old Sun Inn in Eaton Socon, on September 17, 1987.
Looking for a dedicated road running club in the town, they took it upon themselves to form one, and elected Dave Hudd their first chairman.
In the years since then the club has grown rapidly – from 18 members in its first year to more than 150 today.
“It’s been amazing the way the club has grown,” said Norma Leckie who, with her husband Kenny, has been a member since 1988.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s something for everyone at the club – from the variety of races to the social side.
“There are a lot of people who dedicate a lot of time and effort to making the club special.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“We have experienced runners at every session who can help you achieve what you want, so I would encourage anyone to come along and see for themselves.”