Immigration team raids St Neots takeaway
- Credit: Archant
Immigration officers raided a St Neots takeaway on Sunday (March 2).
A team of Home Office Immigration Enforcement officers went to Hotspot Pizza, in High Street, and questioned a 21-year-old Turkish man who was working in the kitchen. Checks revealed the man was working in breach of his visa and must now comply with immigration bail conditions while the Home Office works to return him to Turkey.
Heidi Young, from Home Office Immigration Enforcement, said: “Operations like this are carried out across the UK every day as we continue our work to track down and remove from the country those who seek to abuse our immigration laws.
“The public can be a huge help and I urge people with information about suspected immigration offenders to get in touch.”
Officers are now considering whether Hot Spot Pizza will face any action.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with information about immigration crime can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'