Plans for new ‘click and collect’ Ikea at Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Ikea says new facility will respond to “current retail trends”.
Plans have been submitted for a new Ikea ‘click-and-collect’ facility at the company’s existing distribution centre in Peterborough.
In its application to Peterborough City Council, Ikea says the outlet is “designed to respond to current retail trends”,
The plans to build the facility at Kingston Park, off Fletton Parkway, were submitted earlier this month and the council is yet to make a decision.
The new click-and-collect facility would have a total floor area of 490 square metres, according to the plans.
You may also want to watch:
The application says: “The development will result in the provision of additional jobs and further establish IKEA’s commitment to the Peterborough facility and wider area.”
It went on: “As part of the changing nature of retail and the evolution of online shopping, IKEA has developed a click and collection solution for customers to pick-up their orders from the distribution centre. A standalone unit is located to the south-east of the distribution centre and served by a separate roadway. Customers will be able to access the site to collect orders placed online or within store. Dedicated customer parking is provided adjacent to the click and collect
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'