The Stags score three-year sponsorship deal from local housebuilder
- Credit: Bellway
Huntingdon and District Rugby Club has secured a £3,000 sponsorship deal with local housebuilder for the next three years.
Two divisions of Bellway have teamed up with the club which will see their senior team receive branded warm-up t-shirts and training tops to kick off the new season.
The club – which was established in 1935 and hosts its games at The Racecourse in Brampton – has 15 teams with players of all ages and abilities, including three adult teams, as well as colts, veterans and juniors from under-six to under-15.
Chairman of Huntingdon and District Rugby Club, Nick Wilcox, said: “We are very grateful to Bellway Eastern Counties and Bellway Northern Home Counties for their kind contribution, which will go a long way in enabling us to purchase much-needed equipment and supplies for our teams.
“We are particularly thankful for their sponsorship at time where many clubs are losing funding or struggling to find financial support from businesses.
“The club is organised exclusively by volunteers and backing from local people and businesses is essential to what we do.”
Bellway Northern Home Counties is currently building a range of three, four and five-bedroom homes at Brampton Gate in Brampton.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer