Hunts Post and HDC come together to support community through second lockdown
- Credit: Archant
News of a second national lockdown will have come as a devastating body blow for many in Huntingdonshire.
Businesses will be facing tough times. Those who are vulnerable or unwell will be concerned and many will be worried about jobs. Others may struggle with their mental health, especially now, as we enter the winter months.
We said at the start of this pandemic we were ‘There With You’ and we remain committed to our loyal readership.
We are working alongside Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) to bring guidance and information as it emerges and offer support and reassurance where we can.
This newspaper will continue to support HDC’s Think Local campaign - now, more than ever, local businesses need our support.
You may also want to watch:
HDC leader, Cllr Ryan Fuller said: “We are ready and able to deliver direct support to residents, businesses and community groups as and when they require it. Very few people will welcome the prospect of a further month-long lockdown, however, now it is happening, we must take the opportunity to stem the transmission rate and ensure our local healthcare systems are not overwhelmed. The weeks and months ahead will continue to be difficult and will test us all, but if we can harness the same spirit that has helped our community get through the year so far then I am confident we will overcome these challenges and continue to prosper.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment