Winners of Hunts Post photography competition are crowned
- Credit: Archant
The winners of this year’s Hunts Post Photo Competition were announced at a ceremony held in St Neots on Saturday.
Hundreds of entries were received for this year’s event, with the judges given the unenviable task of selecting the very best for awards.
Both junior and senior categories were open for entries, with extra prizes for wildlife, flowers, and editor’s choice categories.
The competition was run by the Hunts Post together with St Neots and District Camera Club, with the awards ceremony held at the Priory Centre.
Daniel Mansfield, editor of the Hunts Post, said: “We know how difficult it can be to capture a truly great photograph so to have seen so many on display at the weekend was remarkable. Thank you to everyone who took the time to enter and well done to all of our winners.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
Up to 11yrs
Winner: Alexander Shirley
Runners up: Joshua Dawe and Annabel Shirley
Winner: Annie Weaver
Runners up: Ellie Dorrington, Jake Gough, Sam Miles, Chloe Gilbert
Winner: Gavin Livermore
Second: J Davy
Runners-up: Bob Hallam, J Teague, Pat Leggette, Steve Hemming,
Carol Leather, Jackie Fitzpatric.
Friends of Paxton Pits Nature Reserve Wildlife
Winner: Carol Leather
Second: Steve Hemming.
Third: Gordon Morrison
Central England Co-operative Flowers
Up to 11yrs
Winner: Imogen Davis
Winner: Jack Harvey
Joint second: Kiera Jepson and Annabel Shirley.
Frank Anderson, Simon Anderson, Alice Kemp.