Winners of Hunts Post photography competition are crowned
- Credit: Archant
The winners of this year’s Hunts Post Photo Competition were announced at a ceremony held in St Neots on Saturday.
Hundreds of entries were received for this year’s event, with the judges given the unenviable task of selecting the very best for awards.
Both junior and senior categories were open for entries, with extra prizes for wildlife, flowers, and editor’s choice categories.
The competition was run by the Hunts Post together with St Neots and District Camera Club, with the awards ceremony held at the Priory Centre.
Daniel Mansfield, editor of the Hunts Post, said: “We know how difficult it can be to capture a truly great photograph so to have seen so many on display at the weekend was remarkable. Thank you to everyone who took the time to enter and well done to all of our winners.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 3 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
Up to 11yrs
Winner: Alexander Shirley
Runners up: Joshua Dawe and Annabel Shirley
Winner: Annie Weaver
Runners up: Ellie Dorrington, Jake Gough, Sam Miles, Chloe Gilbert
Winner: Gavin Livermore
Second: J Davy
Runners-up: Bob Hallam, J Teague, Pat Leggette, Steve Hemming,
Carol Leather, Jackie Fitzpatric.
Friends of Paxton Pits Nature Reserve Wildlife
Winner: Carol Leather
Second: Steve Hemming.
Third: Gordon Morrison
Central England Co-operative Flowers
Up to 11yrs
Winner: Imogen Davis
Winner: Jack Harvey
Joint second: Kiera Jepson and Annabel Shirley.
Frank Anderson, Simon Anderson, Alice Kemp.