Final call for entries to photo competition
- Credit: Archant
Do you have an eye for taking a prize-winning photograph?
The Hunts Post launched its 2018 Photo Competition last month and hundreds of entries have been received, but there is still time to get your shots in.
Send in up to four of your favourite images, taken in the last 12 months, and you could win a prize.
There are three categories: one for adults, one for those aged under 11, and one for those aged between 11 and 16-years-old.
Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each category, and there will also be special prizes awarded in the adult class under the theme ‘wildlife’ and under the theme ‘flowers’ in the junior classes.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is being run in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club.
All the entries will be printed and mounted and will feature in the club’s annual exhibition, which this year is its 66th. It will be held at the Priory Centre, St Neots, from 10am-4pm on Saturday, October 20.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Entrance to the exhibition is £1, under 16s are free.
The judging panel for the Hunts Post contest will consist of club members and a short-list of potential winners will be announced ahead of the display, when the overall winners will be revealed.
To enter, images should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The jpeg files should be sized six inches by four inches (6x4) and the file name should be the name of the person who took the photo and their age, if 16 or under.
In the e-mail, please also include a daytime telephone number, your address and details of where and when the photo was taken. In addition juniors should supply
contact details of a parent or guardian.
The deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday, September 30.
Usual Archant competition rules apply. Photos that are not sent as e-mail attachments will not be accepted. Photos sent by Facebook will not be accepted. The editor’s decision is final.