Final call for entries to photo competition
- Credit: Archant
Do you have an eye for taking a prize-winning photograph?
The Hunts Post launched its 2018 Photo Competition last month and hundreds of entries have been received, but there is still time to get your shots in.
Send in up to four of your favourite images, taken in the last 12 months, and you could win a prize.
There are three categories: one for adults, one for those aged under 11, and one for those aged between 11 and 16-years-old.
Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each category, and there will also be special prizes awarded in the adult class under the theme ‘wildlife’ and under the theme ‘flowers’ in the junior classes.
The competition is being run in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club.
All the entries will be printed and mounted and will feature in the club’s annual exhibition, which this year is its 66th. It will be held at the Priory Centre, St Neots, from 10am-4pm on Saturday, October 20.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
Entrance to the exhibition is £1, under 16s are free.
The judging panel for the Hunts Post contest will consist of club members and a short-list of potential winners will be announced ahead of the display, when the overall winners will be revealed.
To enter, images should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
The jpeg files should be sized six inches by four inches (6x4) and the file name should be the name of the person who took the photo and their age, if 16 or under.
In the e-mail, please also include a daytime telephone number, your address and details of where and when the photo was taken. In addition juniors should supply
contact details of a parent or guardian.
The deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday, September 30.
Usual Archant competition rules apply. Photos that are not sent as e-mail attachments will not be accepted. Photos sent by Facebook will not be accepted. The editor’s decision is final.