Hunts bank staff stage Olympic torch relay
STAFF from Lloyds TSB in Huntingdon got in the Olympic spirit to welcome their own Olympic torch from colleagues in St Ives.
FUNDRAISING FLAME: Staff from Lloyds TSB in Huntingdon got in the Olympic spirit last Friday (June 17) as they welcomed their own Olympic torch from colleagues in St Ives.
The inter-branch mock-torch relay was organised by the bank to celebrate the one-year countdown to the start of the London 2012 Games.
The torch will visit every branch in the country over 70 days.
Staff from St Ives cycled the torch to Huntingdon where colleagues ran a relay along the high street before passing it on to staff from St Neots branch, who then took it to Bedford.
Lloyds TSB, a sponsor of the Olympics and Paralympics, is using the relay to raise money for the Save the Children charity.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic