Hunts bank staff stage Olympic torch relay
STAFF from Lloyds TSB in Huntingdon got in the Olympic spirit to welcome their own Olympic torch from colleagues in St Ives.
FUNDRAISING FLAME: Staff from Lloyds TSB in Huntingdon got in the Olympic spirit last Friday (June 17) as they welcomed their own Olympic torch from colleagues in St Ives.
The inter-branch mock-torch relay was organised by the bank to celebrate the one-year countdown to the start of the London 2012 Games.
The torch will visit every branch in the country over 70 days.
Staff from St Ives cycled the torch to Huntingdon where colleagues ran a relay along the high street before passing it on to staff from St Neots branch, who then took it to Bedford.
You may also want to watch:
Lloyds TSB, a sponsor of the Olympics and Paralympics, is using the relay to raise money for the Save the Children charity.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space