Huntingdonshire women strip for charity calendar
- Credit: Archant
A group of women from Huntingdonshire have dared to bare to raise money for East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Photographers Julie Ayres, of Uggmere Court Road, Ramsey Heights, and Stevie Thory, of Coates, asked friends and acquaintances to drop their inhibitions, and their clothes, for a charity calendar.
The group of 14, aged from 19 to 50, including Michelle Axon of Warboys, Emma and Diana Mitchell from Ramsey St Mary’s, Frances Presland of Ramsey Mereside and Suzanna Robinson and Julie Stewart of Ramsey, met at Ms Thory’s home on Saturday for the photoshoot.
Mrs Ayres, 49, said: “It’s been something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. It’s a country lady-style calendar so we have ladies climbing up a lorry, a gun shot, in the hay barn and in the horse box.
“Once they all got comfortable it was quite easy. The hardest part was the logistics in working out who would be willing to show what.
You may also want to watch:
“They are amazing and I have total admiration for all of them for what they did in aid of charity.”
She added: “I put it on my Facebook page on Monday and overnight it got more than 4,000 hits. It’s running away at the moment. It went so well that I’ve been asked to do a male and a military wives version next year.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
“I have to thank Demi Welbourn from Glam Squad and Georgia McCormick from Hummingbird Hair for doing the hair and makeup.”
INFORMATION: The calendar, £10, will be available to buy from December 13 at Fenland Rural Sports in Warboys, Burton Brothers in Bury, Somersby Tack Shop in Great Gidding or Julie’s Grooming Parlour in Ramsey.
You can pre-order from Julie Ayres by calling 07720 547489 or emailing email@example.com.