Huntingdonshire woman shaves her head and raises £3,500 in memory of her mother
- Credit: Archant
A Hail Weston woman shaved her head in memory of her mother, raising more than £3,500 for charity.
Tamara Minshaw, 31, a beautician of the High Street, donated the money from the event to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Held at the Auction Room in Bedford, Miss Minshaw had her hair cut by Kerry Cash of 5th Avenue Hair and Beauty Spa in the town on Saturday.
The event paid tribute to her mother Gillie Demanuele, 65, a retired detention custody officer from Little Staughton, who passed away as a result of breast cancer on May 5.
Tamara said: “I chose Macmillan because the nurses who looked after my mum were brilliant. Originally I was going to raise £500 but I thought I would put it up to £1,000. It is amazing that I have managed to raise the amount of money I have.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/Tamara-Minshaw.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured