Huntingdonshire set for strong winds and heavy rain as weather warning is issued
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for very strong winds in Huntingdonshire with gusts of 60mph winds predicted overnight and into tomorrow (Wednesday).
Storm Gareth will bring a period of very strong and gusty winds this evening, with the inclement weather expected to last until tomorrow afternoon.
Winds will be strongest after midnight, with gusts of 60mph in some exposed areas and 50mph inland, before easing later.
In addition to the strong winds, Storm Gareth will bring heavy rain for the East of England.
Gareth is the third storm to be named this year, after Erik in February and Freya earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has warned travellers that some bus and train services may be affected, with some journeys taking longer than usual.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'