Huntingdonshire residents urged to plan journeys into Cambridge on Monday to avoid Tour de France disruption
- Credit: Archant
If you’re one of the unlucky workers whose Cambridge company will remain open on Monday (July 7), you need to plan how to avoid the road closures for the Tour de France.
And even if you’ll just be a spectator, help is at hand with all the most up to date information available at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/letourstage3.
The site includes interactive maps showing road closures and bus service changes plus information on parking and listing the schools which will be shut.
Councillor Noel Kavanagh, cycling champion at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “We made the commitment in March to get information about the impact of the Tour de France out as soon as it became available.
“Thousands have since taken the time to check out the best way to travel to watch the race, negotiate road closures to get to work or plan how they will access council services. However we know there are still a minority of people who either haven’t planned for the day or have heard some third hand some information which is incorrect.
You may also want to watch:
“To avoid any confusion, I cannot stress how the importance of planning ahead to make the most of the arrival of Le Tour.”
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack